About the Park
Western Bay of Plenty District Council and Tauranga City Council jointly purchased the Park in 2004, with the support of naming rights sponsor TECT (Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust) and Bay Trust. Additional small pockets of land have since been acquired, to make up the 1650 hectares, known as TECT Park, which was officially opened on Saturday, 11 December 2010.
Western Bay of Plenty District Council is the administrative lead, working with the many user groups who are now operating from the Park.
Established public facilities include tracks for walking, mountain biking, equestrian and family focused motorcycle tracks. There is a specific off-leash dog exercise area. A class room style Arrival Centre can be hired for Park related activities, which overlooks a scenic and sheltered tree glade. A public electric BBQ is available outside the Arrival Centre, along with public toilets. There are also other toilet facilities scattered around the Park.
There is a Lions Tree Grove with walking tracks, for future generations to enjoy.
User group facilities include a variety of club shooting ranges, including Pistol, Clay Target, Deerstalkers, Paintball and Airsoft. There are also motorsports including a club motocross track, and model aircraft flying fields.
The Adrenalin Forest high-wire adventure course is also a very popular tourist attraction.